M.S. 'Buddy' Johnson
Photo No. 2406
M.S. "Buddy" Johnson, 80, of Winnie died Wednesday, September 5, 2018, at home. The eldest of four children was born on August 21, 1938, to M.S. "Bud" and Winnie Baker Johnson of Ged, Louisiana. Buddy retired as a regional superintendent for Gulf States Utilities/Entergy after forty years. He was a 1956 graduate of Vinton High School and graduated from McNeese State University in 1960 with a degree in Agribusiness. He served on the board of Trinity Bay Conservation District and coached the Golden Wheels, a wheelchair basketball team. Buddy and wife, Judy, operated the Hometown Press in Winnie for twenty years. Buddy is survived by his wife of fifty-eight years, Judy Toups Johnson; daughter, Paige Johnson Walker, of Richmond, Virginia; son, Kirk Hunter Johnson, of Beaumont; sister, Carla Johnson Henry and her husband, Michael "Mike" Henry, of Clear Lake; grandchildren, Sara Walker and Chad Walker, of Cary, North Carolina; and great-grandchild, Carter Blue.
He was preceded in death by his brothers, Don "Toto" Johnson and John "John Boyd" Johnson.
Buddy was an avid fisherman and sports fan who never missed a McNeese game. He was a faithful member of St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, where he served as senior warden and other positions on the Vestry. Buddy's warm smile and hugs reflected his loving heart.
He was well respected and influential in the lives of many, from church to the students he mentored as a substitute teacher at East Chambers High School.
The family wishes to thank all the caretakers who assisted Buddy during his illness.
A memorial service will be held at 11:30 a.m., Saturday, September 8, 2018, at St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, 4090 Delaware Street, Beaumont, officiated by The Reverend Steven M. Balke, Jr., and assisted by Reverend Keith Giblin. A gathering of family and friends will follow in Broce Hall at the church.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, 4090 Delaware Street, Beaumont, Texas 77706.
Click Here For the obituary at the Broussard's Mortuary site.